Whispers of Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» March User of the Month!
The Open Field EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 8:37 pm by Timber

» Hidden Falls
The Open Field EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:32 pm by Alisen

» The Peak of the Mountain
The Open Field EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:25 am by Timber

» The lone Tree
The Open Field EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:58 am by Timber

» The Place of Trees
The Open Field EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:18 pm by Alisen

» Nchi of Alabama
The Open Field EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 am by Timber

» lil' question
The Open Field EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:54 am by Timber

» Fraya/ Flair
The Open Field EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 4:58 pm by Timber

» Flinch or Juin
The Open Field EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 4:50 pm by Alisen

Top posting users this month

The Open Field

2 posters

Go down

The Open Field Empty The Open Field

Post by Timber Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:17 pm

The Open Field Oglala_national_grassland
This land is open and hot, the sun beats down on you at every moment the sun is in the sky. Careful in stormy weather, because a wolf would be the tallest thing around. Basically, BOOM. Snakes slither through the grass, eating the small rodents. A wolf that lived here would have to be able to handle the heat, because if not, get out of the desert.

Last edited by Timber on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timber
Timber
Admin

https://whispers-of-wolves.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Open Field Empty Re: The Open Field

Post by Timber Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Timber struggled along, as the sun beat down on the land. Her paws hurt from walking down the mountain, and she was almost getting frost bite. The ice in her fur had melted, leaving her with a humid feeling. Finally she couldn't take it anymore, and stumbled. She fell into the grass, and just lay there, making no effort to get up. It was nice, to breathe and lay there. Peaceful, almost. The voice seemed to be whispering a lullaby, making her want to sleep and never wake up. Unfortunately, she wasn't tired, so she just lay there, eyes closed. The only sign of life was her breath. A snake hissed nearby, but she ignored the sound. Pure hatred had turned into rage, which was now something else. Like sadness, but sharper somehow. She was glad to have silence again, because she could think now without being interrupted. Overall, she figured out one thing, that was confirmed as the lullaby in her head grew stronger. She was alone and facing death. No one would help her, and she was free to die if she wished. Timber was broken, and there was no fix.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm

A while after my nap in that horrid swamp I go to the dry place that I had visited first. I walk a while and come to an open field and I see a figure. "Could it be?" I step closer. "Timber! why ye playing dead?" I ask hoping its only a game "Come on timber lets go uh some where else maybe a place that you can survive in." I suggest hoping she will get up and agree. "What happened to this once perky wolf?" I ask my self "Come on Timber." I sigh and poke here with my paw.
Red
Red

Location : Now if i told you it wouldnt be a surprise now would it?

http://riseofforgottenpacks.forumsmotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Timbers eyes snapped forward, and her mouth pulled back into a snarl. No, she wasn't playing dead. Within an hour, she would've been, and this wolf had just interrupted her. She felt the wolf poke her with his paw, and she lunged, snapping at the paw and possibly leaving a mark. Her teeth were sharp, after all. She stood, realizing she was taller than this wolf, and her sight cleared. She knew this wolf, but that didn't mean she was going to be friendly. "Red." She spat, a low growl interrupting from her throat. How dare he come now, after it'd been a while, and tell her to go somewhere else where she could survive? She didn't want to survive! How dare he. He's no friend of yours, I am. The voice in her head agreed, sounding angry, but also like it was supporting Timber. She snarled again, snapping her jaws once to warn Red she'd bite him again if necessary. "I'd advise you to leave, Red. Unless you wish to witness the death of a 'friend'." She said, voice low and dangerous. Perhaps Red would get mad and attack, which would be much easier. Her eyes were feral, and she had spoken the word 'friend' sarcastically, because she knew. Red was no friend. The voice was her friend, or at least it would never betray her. There was no chance of the orangeish wolf getting Timber to go anywhere. She'd stay right there, where she could die in peace. It couldn't be very long. Her muscles were weak for the climb and descend, and her throat ached for water. Then she could be okay.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 pm

I yelp and lick my paw "Timber." I whine a frown on my face "Its me Red your your friend." I stutter unbelieving that she would attack me. "I'm not going anywhere your my friend." I whine and sit beside her. "I wish to stay with ye till death." I whine "Your my friend." I hold back tears not hoping this was the end.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Timber stumbled backwards, glaring at Red. It was hard, though. She could remember the times he had acted like a friend, but there was still one problem. Well, many problems, but one to focus on. As much as she hated to admit it, she didn't want Red to die or get seriously injured, which would happen if he was still her friend. It was a proven fact. "No! You are not my friend, never say that again!" She shouted, voice still a little rough from her time on the mountain. Her legs gave out, and she fell again, put stood shakily back up. Dehydration was killing her, and as much as she didn't want to die in front of anyone, it wasn't up to her much anymore.Good Timber, It'll all be over soon. The voice murmured, like a lullaby. She noticed Red's expression overwhelmed with sadness. Could that much emotion be fake? Probably, if wolves had pretended to be her friend for so long. She looked down at her paws, hating his expression, even if she wasn't as cheerful as she had once been. "Oh quit your whimpering. I'm dying and there's nothing you can do about it." She muttered, feeling a burning sensation in her throat. There was no water around there. She could stumble away, but what good would that do her? She wanted to die.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:38 pm

"Timber!" I yowl furious "How can ye say that if I didn't care why would I still be here?" I bark I wasn't leave no matter what not even if it ment death. "Timber you need help please let me help." I beg "i'll i'll do anything just please." I bark not wanting this alone and friendless. I look around for water nothing. I start to dig I get three feet down and lift my self up feeing moisture. "Bingo!" I bark "There is water down there," I bark showing my home made well.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Timber sighed, trying to lift herself up. He had a point, actually. If he didn't care, at least a little, he would've laughed and walked off. She managed to get to her paws, but only fell again after taking a step. Her throat was sore, and the burning was making it's way down to her stomach. She reached the little hole, and lapped up the water. She could tell the voice was unhappy about this, but she couldn't care less at the moment. Death could wait, if things got too bad she could always go up the mountain again. She finished drinking, the angry burn in her throat almost gone. She sat, tail wrapped around her paws, and shook her head at the wolf. "You shouldn't have done that, you know." She said, voice a bit smoother, the gravely sound almost gone. Red had acted like a friend, but she didn't trust him. She didn't want to, because she was all too suspecting of him becoming an enemy again. She stood, trying to see if she was a little stronger and the water was working. She could hold herself up, at least for a little, without feeling weak. She couldn't even tell if that was good or bad. She wanted to die, didn't she? She deserved it, for being responsible for all those deaths.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:55 pm

"Thank you!" I bark happy as she drank "Now please don't die on me please." I bark not wanting my friends to die "And I would risk my life just to be your friend." I swear to her. I go down to the hole and dig deeper more water going into the hole. "Drink more," I bark and sit down
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Timber frowned, still upset, though it was getting harder. Her arguments slowly left her, at least against Red. She sighed, shaking her head. "That's not very smart, Red." She said, in a disappointed tone. Her head had begun to clear, and she had started thinking again. She shook her head when he dug deeper and told her to drink more. She was fine, now, just trying to figure out stuff. Like why he even cared if she died or not. She was a simple wolf, not with a huge part in anything. She remembered being shunned momentarily by the Alphas once at a meeting. Storm had said 'leave, Timber. The Alphas are talking'. She'd grumbled a response something along the lines 'you guys aren't even saying much.' A funny memory to have surfaced then, as it was quite random. But true. She was the lowly healer, formally from Silver Stone Pack. She had no great importance in life, only to heal wolves, which she'd failed. Along with be there for her friends, which she had none of. Timber had done a pretty good job of that, but when the tables had turned, no one'd been there for her. Except the voice, who now churned in her mind at every moment she seemed mad. Then she remembered. Hadn't she left Red, who was in the middle of a fight with Fenris? She flinched, and the dark voice laughed. You see now, Timbera. You failed again. But don't worry, I'll be here whenever you need me again. The voice said, for once sounding truly evil. Then it vanished, and something inside her broke. Not literally, but she was in shock. She stumbled, falling again. She rose unsteadily, wondering what in the world that had been about.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:15 pm

'Timber!" I yelp as I see her fall "Ye ok?" I ask and walk over to her."And your right im not smart but I am darn loyal to the end." I bark and sniff around her then back up and sneeze. "Come on lets go to the swamp there's loads of water there." I bark hoping she is good to go.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Timber sighed, dreading to go back to that soggy place. But she didn't have enough strenght to argue, so she nodded. "Fine." She said simply, as an answer to both questions. The voice in her head said nothing, but she shrugged it off as unimportant. She headed for the swamp area, pausing once to wait for Red.
--------swamplands I think-------------
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum