Whispers of Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» March User of the Month!
The Cave of Howls EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 8:37 pm by Timber

» Hidden Falls
The Cave of Howls EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:32 pm by Alisen

» The Peak of the Mountain
The Cave of Howls EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:25 am by Timber

» The lone Tree
The Cave of Howls EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:58 am by Timber

» The Place of Trees
The Cave of Howls EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:18 pm by Alisen

» Nchi of Alabama
The Cave of Howls EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 am by Timber

» lil' question
The Cave of Howls EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:54 am by Timber

» Fraya/ Flair
The Cave of Howls EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 4:58 pm by Timber

» Flinch or Juin
The Cave of Howls EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 4:50 pm by Alisen

Top posting users this month

The Cave of Howls

2 posters

Go down

The Cave of Howls Empty The Cave of Howls

Post by Timber Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:51 pm

The Cave of Howls Mountain-cave-linda-parker
A rather eerie place, this cave is full of twists and turns. Warm, but very dark. Light shins though at the entrance, but that's about it. A waterfall is somewhere down there, but blocked off by the cave walls. The sound of water crashing down into the pool echoes through out the cave, making a sad sound like many wolves barking, or the occasional howl if a piece of ice falls down into it.
Timber
Timber
Admin

https://whispers-of-wolves.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Cave of Howls Empty Re: The Cave of Howls

Post by Timber Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Timber huddles in a corner, trying to be completely still so no one could find her. She was aware Red had followed, but she would only upset him. She had to stay hidden, for as long as she could. With nothing else to do, she decided to talk to the voice in her head. Crazily insane idea, but there was nothing else to do. 'So, what;s your name and why do you try to hard to annoy me?' She asked, carefully not speaking. She didn't want to alert anyone to her presence there. The dark voice seemed to laugh, as if her questions were amusing. My dear Timber, I am Despair, Pain, Hatred, and many other things. Your only friend for a while, I'm afraid. Annoying is too strong of a word for it, I prefer the term 'Torment.' The voice spoke softly in her head, seeming to taunt her. She stopped herself from growling, and instead listened to the waterfall. She couldn't see it in the darkness, but she guessed that's what it was. Pressed up against the wall, she could hear it quite clearly had at first been worried there were wolves in the cave. Now she knew it was only water, which didn't entirely reassure her. A piece of what seemed like ice crashed into the water, echoing off the walls like a howl. It was so eerie, she couldn't stop herself. She lifted her snout and gave one clear howl of response. She snapped her jaws shut, now angry with herself. She was done for.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pm

I hurdle my self forward not willing to give up. I yelp as I see here and I slide past on my rump trying to stop and slide into a bush. I whip up and dash Into the cave following her scent. "Wh-why ye hiding?" I ask belly close to the ground approaching her. I knew Timber was unstable lately so approaching in a normal fashion will only get my nose clawed off. "I-I-I wont hurt you." I stutter and make no eye contact keeping my movements smooth and controlled.
Red
Red

Location : Now if i told you it wouldnt be a surprise now would it?

http://riseofforgottenpacks.forumsmotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Timbers eyes were filling with tears. She hated it, she hated the voice, she hated her attitude. There was too much hatred in her life. She took a step away from Red, still pressed up against the wall. Fear was mixed with anger, and she couldn't decide which was better for this. Red seemed either scared or wary, or a mixture of both. Was he scared of her? Her ears went back, and she whimpered. She thought about an answer to his question, because she didn't want to hurt his feelings, or loose control of herself and attack. "I'm not hid-hiding, J-just trying to b-be alon-ne for a b-bit." She said carefully, studdering with the effort it took to speak for herself. The voice seemed so wise, it would be a shame to ignore it, part of her argued. The larger part of her brain was all for that idea. Run away, Timber. He cannot help you. The voice urged, sounding pleading. Like her life depended on it, or worse, Red's life. The voice was probably right about Red's life depending on it. "I know, Red. That's not what I'm worried about." She said, her voice cold because the voice was helping her speak. They seemed to be in agreement, one way or another. Red would end up hurt if he continued to follow her, she was loosing sanity more and more. She simply could not be Timber for a while, and Timber was his friend. Not the demon her mind was creating. Her eyes were full of sadness, but also feral looking. "P-please Red, r-r-run whi-ile y-ou c-can." She managed, shivering with the effort it took. Hopefully, he got the message and ran for it. She didn't want to hurt him, but when her mind became fully poisoned, she didn't know what would happen.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:34 pm

I shake my head im sorry but I cant do that." I bark and sit tail over my rusty paws. "Timber what ever's controlling you fight it please please just try." I plead with her eras back green eyes filled with plead and sorrow. I stay strong and let no tears fall from my eyes "Timber you can do it I know ye can no-no you persuaded Butcher to not harm Black lips you can do this." I bark with a faint smile "I know ye can." I look around the room then back to Timber my belief in her was strong remembering the many times where she could fight things others couldn't. "Come on Timber you can let what ever this is to stop you from bein' your cheerful self sure there's bad stuff in life but you gotta look at the good side. Like that butterfly that I caught or uh oh this cave." I bark try to encourage her.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Timbers expression turned bitter. "My cheerful self is dead, Red. There's no hope." Her voice was bitter, and the voice seemed to be approving of that very much. This was true. She was bitter and sad, no one could tell her otherwise. A low growl erupted in her throat before she could stop it. Red seemed to be convinced he should be her friend, and he was going to get hurt. The growl was a warning, for him to get out of there. She snarled, as a lame excuse for a smile. Timber, embrace your anger. The sooner you give in, the sooner you'll be back to normal. It'll all be okay. She bit back a maddening cry of anger as she struggled against it. But it was too much for her to support. It crashed down on her, all at once. There was no stopping it, as her eyes grew unfocused and angry.
Nothing seemed to matter except her anger, and getting it out. She prepared the lunge at Red, but inside her something screamed 'no! no no no! Don't do it!'. The same voice that had told her jumping off a cliff was a stupid idea. Don't listen to that, Timber. You're almost okay. The dark voice murmured in response, calming her mind. But not her emotions, as she was still growling and snapping her jaws, prepared to lunge at Red. But, looking at the sad expression on his face, she couldn't. With a last bit of strength, she slammed herself into the side of the cave, and both sides of her head exploded into outrage and cheers and nervous cries. "Shut up, both of you." She managed to murmur, barely audible, before sliding down against the wall, closing her eyes, and passing out into a deep, dark, sleep.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 pm

I yelp and rush toward her side I look over her "Timber be ok please." I whine not knowing what to do. I look around the cave and grab a moss full of water and lie it at her side. I put my paws on her shoulder and shake her. "Timber your cheerful self isn't dead stop being like this your not as weak as you think you are!" I yell trying as hard as I can to get her back to her normal self. "dammit Timber." I whisper a word that I rarely said a tear rushes down my face and I go back to fetch more water. "Don't you dare die Timber it ain't gonna solve nothing!" I bark fierce still pushing her shoulder with all my might which wasn't a lot but I didn't want to see her end like this miserable and alone.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Timber groaned. "Red, ow. Stop that, my head hurts." She muttered, trying to come back to being awake. Her head felt light as she sat up, and was immediately dizzy. She groaned again, but not as loudly. She slumped back to the ground, but could now see and hear for the most part. She became aware of Red pushing her shoulder, probably why her head kept hurting. It kept getting smacked against the cave wall. She tried to sit up again, and managed to keep her balance. Tentatively, she called out in her mind. Nothing. Completely blank. She grinned, but with her head throbbing it turned into a grimace. But, her mind was clear, so it was worth it. This just proves the best cure for stupidity is a smack on the head. Red's yelling was making her head hurt more, because the past few days were hazy in her mind. She knew she'd gone crazy and tried to kill herself a lot, but she couldn't remember the details. She didn't want to either. She was Timber again, scarred, but in the fight.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 pm

"WOOO HOOO!" I bark truly excited as I see her grin her normal grin and lept three feet up (exaggeration). I shush my barking when she groans and speak quieter. "Timber you ok?" I bark excitement in my voice as I spoke. "Sorry for the wild waking." I grin
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Timber nodded, a bit in shock. She checked herself over for blood, but saw none. Was she really okay? Excitement built up inside of her, bubbling like boling water. "I do believe so." She said, unable to hide her happiness. She didn't want to anyways. Hearing him say something about a rude awakening, she shook her head in amamzement. It hurt her head, but Timber didn't care. "You'd better be kidding, Reda! That's the best awakening I've had In a while!" She shouted gleefully, the sound echoing in the cave. It was true, after all. She felt whole, which was a good feeling after the past rough days. She couldn't believe Red had never given up. A truely loyal friend.
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:34 pm

"Wooo hooo!" I bark again "no more voices in your head?" I chase my tail as Timber would have done. "This is great no-no more than great spectacular!" I bark ad lie down as I get tired. "Hey timber you should go apologize to silver or it would be a good idea at least." I bark and lick my still bleeding paw. I like my jaws as I finish and stand "Let's go!" I bark then bound off.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Timber Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Timber nodded, an answer to all the questions at once. Red was too hyper to try to calm down, so she didn't. She glanced at his paw and winced. Some faint recognition told her she had caused that. She ran after him, laughing once. She didn't seem to be able to keep up, but oh well. Shed fix his paw later as well. Or at least, try to. But it was just a cut, much more simple a fix than ones she messed up with. She was a little uneasy, as the rush of happiness had drained slightly, but she told herself that was a good sign. The cause of the problem had been cheerfulness overload, so if it was more ballenced, shed be okay. Probably.
----------the swamplands-----------
Timber
Timber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum